Ensuring your pet maintains a healthy weight can be the key to them leading a long, healthy and happy life.
Why should my pet lose weight?
Excess weight is uncomfortable for your pet. It can decrease your pet’s quality of life and ultimately reduce their life expectancy. Pets that are overweight have less enthusiasm for exercise as they find it difficult to partake in physical activity. Excess weight increases the risk of developing conditions such as:
Bone and joint disease (3 times more likely in obese pets)
- Urinary tract disease
- Heart disease
- Difficulty breathing
- Skin disease (2 times more likely in obese cats)
- Diabetes Mellitus (4 times more likely in obese cats)
Helping your pet lose weight will give them a new lease on life, and help to reverse the health risks associated with obesity.
Consequences of Obesity
The Recommended Diet
Weight management diets are specifically formulated for safe and effective weight loss, and successful long term weight management in dogs.
- The special fibre blend helps pets feel full, reducing their consumption of food and begging behaviours
- A higher protein diet helps maintain muscle mass during weight loss and creates a feeling of fullness
- Developed with specific nutrients to support joints placed under stress by excess body weight
- Enriched with essential nutrients to ensure adequate intake despite energy restriction during weight loss
Sourced from Royal Canin.com